National Education Day 2020 : Remembering Maulana Abul Kalam Azad and his contribution to Education
Hello everyone Saurabh here, this post is about national education day. Education is one of the basic necessity now a days. Have a look.
Why do we celebrate National Education Day?
India is celebrating National Education Day 2020 today.
Every year since 2008, November 11 has been celebrated as an educational day on the occasion of the birth anniversary of Maulana Abul Kalam Azad.
He was the first Vice President of India and the first Education Minister of independent India from 1947 to 1958.
Remembering Maulana Abul Kalam Azad and his contribution to Education :
On independent India, Azad ruled from 1947 to February 22, 1947. He worked as education minister till his death. During his 11-year tenure, Azad promoted research in earlier education and literature and established three academies to develop the fine arts. He also started the collection of technical terms in Hindi on a large scale.
Maulana Abul Kalam Azad during his tenure established some important boards / commissions including University Grants Commission, Akhil Bharatiya Tantrashikshan Parishad, Kharagpur Institute of Higher Education, University Education Commission, Secondary Education Commission.
He established Sangeet Natak Akademi, Sahitya Akademi and Lalit Kala Akademi to enhance education and culture in the country.
Azad advocated for education for women and free and compulsory primary education for children up to 14 years of age.
Azad founded IISC and School of Architecture Planning and Planning, Jamia Millia Islamia and IIT Kharagpur.
Top 10 Maulana Abul Kalam Azad Quotes :
- “Education imparted by heart can bring revolution in the society.”
- “Educationists should build the capacities of the spirit of inquiry, creativity, entrepreneurial and moral leadership among students and become their role model.”
- “To succeed in your mission, you must have single-minded devotion to your goal.”
- “You have to dream before your dreams can come true.”
- “Do we not realize that self respect comes with self reliance?”
- “Slavery is worst even if it bears beautiful names.”
- “Great dreams of great dreamers are always transcended”
- “I am part of the indivisible unity that is Indian nationality”
- “Climbing to the top demands strength, whether it is to the top of Mount Everest or to the top of your career.”
- “Be more dedicated to making solid achievements than in running after swift but synthetic happiness.”
Also check out :
BCCI Latest Update: Virat Kohli will return to home from Australia for the birth of his first child and Rohit Sharma will fly along with team India for Australia tour